*SOCIAL JUSTICE MONITORING COMMITTEE CONSTITUTED ORDERS ISSUED BY GOVT. OF TAMIL NADU*
Under instructions from Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Social Reforms Department, Govt. of Tamil Nadu vide order No.02 dated 24.12.2021 has issued orders constituting the Social Justice Monitoring Committee with effect from 24.12.2021.
*Chairperson and Members of the Committee:*
1. Prof.Suba.Veerapandian, Chairperson
2. Dr.K.Danavel, I.A.S.(Retd.)
3. Prof.Dr.Saminathan Devadoss
4. Poet Thiru.Manushyaputhiran
8. Dr.Shanthi Ravindranath
The terms of reference of the Social Justice Monitoring Committee are as follows: -
1) The Committee will monitor, whether the reservation in education, employment and promotion has been duly implemented as per Government Orders and Rules and wherever not done, will recommend measures to the Government for rectification and proper implementation.
2) When recruiting through the employment exchange, the committee will check whether the preference and reservation for first generation students, those who have studied in the Tamil Medium and other such categories have been duly complied with as per the applicable rules. The Committee will recommend measures to be taken to ensure adequate representation of priority categories and persons with disabilities in accordance with existing regulations and Government mandates.
3) The Committee will ensure that opportunities are not denied to any individual on the basis of caste or gender. The Committee will review the various welfare schemes of the Central and State Governments, examine whether the programs aimed at social equality have achieved their goals and recommend measures to make appropriate amendments if necessary.
4) The Committee will evaluate the efforts of local bodies in strictly eliminating manual scavenging.
5) The Committee will recommend measures to make young people, especially students in schools and colleges, aware of the pioneering efforts of the State to promote the importance of social justice and social equality.
6) The Committee will recommend ways to prevent the misuse of social media in a way that is detrimental to social well-being. The Committee will also recommend ways to promote social justice and communal harmony through print, visual, and social media.
7 *The Committee will strive to develop progressive thinking based on social justice and lead to the formation of a society on the ideals of Thanthai Periyar*.
8) The Committee may obtain information in such a format from officials, organizations, or individuals deemed necessary and appropriate for their purpose.
9) The Committee can form sub-committees from its members and hold sessions at specific intervals where necessary.
10) The Committee may travel for research purposes and can also do field research.
11) The Committee may conduct such study or survey itself or, if necessary, direct any qualified educational institution to do so.
Member, SOCIAL JUSTICE MONITORING COMMITTEE (SJMC)
மாண்புமிகு தமிழ் நாடு முதலமைச்சர் அவர்களின் உத்தரவுற்கிணங்க “சமூக நீதிக் கண்காணிப்புக் குழு’வினை அமைத்து 24.12.2021 தேதியிட்ட அரசு ஆணை வெளியிடப்பட்டது.
கல்வி, வேலைவாய்ப்பு, பதவிகள், பதவி உயர்வுகள், நியமனங்கள் ஆகியவற்றில் சமூக நீதி அளவுகோல் முறையாக முழுமையாக பின்பற்றுப்படுகின்றனவா என்பதை இக்குழு கண்காணிக்கும்.
உறுப்பினர், சமூக நீதிக் கண்காணிப்புக் குழு